Thursday, June 28, 2018

The Ukulele

I think it was 2013 I took up the ukulele after finding out Sun City had a ukulele club.  It sounded like the perfect thing for me to do as I was a guitar player for years but not so much lately as it was just getting too difficult in my advancing years.  So I bought a Luna Tenor ukulele and off to the club I went.  Loved it from day one and it was so easy to learn.  It didn't sound like a toy.   I found I could do more on it than I could on the guitar mainly because the size of it was much more manageable.  4 strings instead of 6.  I do play my guitar from time to time but my hand starts to hurt  pretty quick so a guitar session doesn't last too long.
Below with my first ukulele at a club performance and the Arts and Crafts Fair in Sun City.


No comments: