This morning I woke up to a quiet house. It's Memorial day, the kids were up late and I was the only one awake. The St. Louis Cardinals scored more than six points so that means 50 cent coffee at Mobile and I needed a couple things at the hardware store. The stage was set for me to unwittingly step into my fathers footsteps.
After setting up the sprinkler to water the front lawn, I jumped in the car and went to the hardware store. It was just a regular morning doing a couple errands. I stopped by the gas station for some coffee and donuts for the family.
Did i mention I was wearing this shirt?
I pulled up the the house a deliver the goods. After I sat down with my coffee and read the news it hits me. It hits hard.
I just did a morning jaunt.
It wasn't my plan, it just happened. How...why...Is it in my DNA? I don't know.
- You must have access to slippers or sandals, there can be no laces involved. Put them on.
- It's best to have an old tee shirt of some kind, not a strict requirement.
- You must leave you residence before anyone else is awake.
- You must purchase coffee.
- The full jaunt requires a stop at a store, probably one open 24h because most jaunts occur pre-dawn.
- As a bonus, if you get back before people are awake in the house you qualify for the Super Full Jaunt.