Monday, May 3, 2010
Friday, April 23, 2010
The sides and end blocks are glued and ready for the top and back once they are ready.
My Dulcimer Kit arrived yesterday morning. I started gluing the sides to the top and end blocks. Pretty easy so far. Hardest part is waiting for the glue to dry to move on to the next step. Hopefully I won't break anything to hold up the project.
Monday, April 19, 2010
Larry is offically retired and I haven't worked in over 2 months. Not by choice on my part. I didn't think I would miss working in my Violin repair shop but I do. So I have a new project in the works. I will call it the Dulcimer Project. I am expecting any day in the mail a kit to make my first Dulcimer. It is a stringed instrument and has a lot of possibilities for creativity. Although I fixed violins, cellos and basses for many years I never built one from scratch. It would be very difficult to make a nice one without further training so I did some research and picked the dulcimer to make from a kit first then give it a try to make one from scratch.
The one pictured is a 6 string but I will make a 4 string.
Will post updates as I go through the process.
Friday, January 22, 2010
Working on a violin peg box.
Taking a closer look. I had to reset it which I did the day
before. Now adding some finishing touches.
Checking over a Cello after reseting the neck.
After a slow couple of months I am starting to get some work again. I did need a break but can now concentrate a bit better on the task at hand.
- ▼ 2010 (4)
- ► 2009 (12)